Friday, September 14, 2007

A Tale of Two Jimmies

Yeah so James Frey landed a million-dollar book deal at Harper Collins. I would go off about this but I have almost completely exhausted my interest in talking and reading about him, which is too bad for me, especially since he seems poised to become The Writer of Our Times. Yes, it's completely retarded that he landed a million dollar book deal but there are far worse fake writers out there--I don't mean people who lie, I mean people who can't actually write, but somehow manage to string together 100,000 insipid and cliched pieces of the English language and then sell a million copies of their disasters. Plus, it's obvious that any shred of dignity left in the book publishing industry was dumped down the garbage disposal with the proposed publication of IF I DID IT by OJ Simpson. Public outcry made the book (and it's publisher, Judith Reagan) go away, but some small press snatched it up and to no public outcry at all the fantastical tale is scheduled to print with a tiny publishing house/vanity press and pretty much no one in the whole world cares anymore except for the Goldmans and Browns.

Oh, but I have an idea! Instead of ever buying another James Frey book again, you could buy this one instead:



It's written by my friend Jim McGarrah, who was a tunnel rat during the Vietnam war. Jim would eat James Frey's tiny testicles for lunch and then belch the alphabet, if he wasn't busy being an amazing poet and inspiring college professor. And for you who prefer your memoirs truthy, I can vouch for Jim's. He has not had an easy life, but lucky for us, he's had an interesting one.

p.s. I don't know what happened to my little link-maker so just go here to buy copies of Jim's book:

http://shop.indianahistory.org/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d40.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who this Jim McGarrah guy is, but he sounds like just what my daughter needs.

Dick Cheney

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home