Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Blog

Well hello blog friends (er, crickets). I'm moving my enterprise to another forum and changing the tone a bit. Now that I'm in grad school for a Piled Higher and Deeper degree (as an academically challenged stranger on the street saw fit to categorize my life choice the other day), I'm supposed to be doing this thing they call "professionalization" which, as far as I can tell, involves learning how to beg for arts funding monies, buying student-proof clothing (nothing translucent or low-cut, nothing short, nothing you can trip over, nothing that produces arm-vag or muffin top, nothing that clings, nothing with stains, nothing with tears--even artful ones, nothing too dressy lest they think you are pretentious and talking down to them, nothing with accessories that tinkle or jingle or otherwise disturb you when you are looking out at them, those half-asleepers, listening to your own voice rattle around in your suddenly vacant head, no t-shirts), and giving yourself a "voice" in the writing community so that people can look you up when you write something they enjoyed reading.

Actually, in all seriousness, I like it when I can find a blog or a website by and for authors I like and know, and in the hopes that someday, one day, maybe in my wildest fantasies I may have a book I would like to publicize and promote, the new blog is the first step towards providing that platform. 

So without further ado, I present my new blog: which you can find on my Facebook page, under "websites." 

The new blog will be a little, uh, tamer than this one. And will mostly be stuff I've published and stuff other writers I like have published. I'm sure I won't be able to stay out of hot-head territory forever, but if there's one mantra of this new, strange life it's: don't put anything online you wouldn't want your students/committee members/future employers to stumble across.

So I guess that's it. Perhaps I'll come back here if I have something I really need to get off the old (well-covered, unstained) chest. We'll see. The future!


1 Comments:

Blogger The Count Del Monte said...

Looking forward to the new "you".

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home